Thank you for using Ascreen theme. If this instruction doesn't cover your queries, please contact us and we will do what we can.
It's very easy to install Ascreen on your website. After downloading, you should have an Ascreen.zip file that contains all of templates and images required for the theme to function properly. There are 3 different ways to install Ascreen theme:
- through the WordPress admin dashboard of your website
- through your Cpanel/ web server interface
- via FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
1. through the WordPress admin dashboard of your website
- 1. Log in the WordPress Dashboard of your website
- Go to Appearance > Themes
- Click Add New at the top
- Click Upload Theme
- Click Choose File button, find Ascreen.zip and click Open
- Click Install Now button
- After the Ascreen.zip is uploaded and installed successfully, click Activate to activate the theme
2. through your Cpanel/ web server interface
- Log in your web hosting account
- Find File Manager on the Cpanel
- Go to Web Root (public_html/www)
- find your wp_content folder and double click on that
- Go to Themes folder
- Click Upload at the top of the page
- click the Choose File button. Then navigate to the zip file of the theme on your computer, and upload it
- Unzip or extract the theme by clicking Extract on the top of the page
- Click Extract File(s) button to proceed
3. via FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- Unzip Ascreen.zip to your Desktop.
- Using an FTP client to access your host web server. Go to public_html/wp-content/themes/
- Upload the theme to public_html/wp-content/themes/
- Go to Appearance > Themes and activate Ascreen from Dashboard
Static Front Page
Please note that the names for the Pages used in these examples are web standardized names. You may choose alternative titles.
To create the static front page, go to the WordPress Dashboard.
Create a Front Page:
- In Pages, choose Add New.
- Title it "Home".
- If the WordPress Theme offers an option to change the look and feel of the front page, select the Template in the Page Attributes panel box.
- Add content you would like to see within the content area of the static front page, or leave it blank if it is a Dynamic front page.
- Publish the Page.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard> Settings > Reading.
- Set Front page displays to A static page
- In the drop down menu for Front Page, select "Home"
- Save changes.
When you install and activate your Ascreen theme, you will see that your home page is already automatically in place. Ascreen has many settings to allow you to customize your home page.
1. Background Color
Go to Appearance > Customize > Colors to change the color of the background and click Save & Publish on the top.
2. Background Image
Go to Appearance > Customize > Background Image to change the image of the background and click Save & Publish on the top.
1. Upload Logo and Site Icon
Go to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity to upload logo and favicon (The recommended size of the logo is 262*52px ) and click Save & Publish to save the change.
2. Site Title and Tagline
Go to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity to change the site title and tagline of your website and click Save & Publish on the top.
3. Header Text Color
Go to Appearance > Customize > Colors to change the color of the header text and click Save & Publish on the top.
4. Header Background Color
Go to Appearance > Customize > Colors to change the color of the header background and click Save & Publish on the top.
5. Header Image
Go to Appearance > Customize > Header Image, add an image by clicking Add new image button and click Save & Publish on the top.
6. Social Network URL
Go to Appearance > Customize > Social URL, insert the link of the social network and click Save & Publish to save the change.
In order to set up menus for your website,
- Go to Appearance > Menus > click create a new menu
- Give your menu a name and click Create Menu
- Add menu items to your menu. You can choose from pre-existing Pages, Post, or Categories. You can also create custom links.
- Assign menu to a location by checking boxes for locations just below the menu